The Roots of The American College Health Foundation
ACHF was founded over 30 years ago to support The American College Health Association (ACHA) and its members in many ways:
- Through annual funding opportunities for ACHA members to pursue projects to improve college health.
- By sponsoring sessions at the ACHA Annual Meeting for nearly 20 years; contributing to continuing education opportunities as well as key note and presidential sessions.
- Via partnership with outside organizations, corporations, and non-profits to create resources and program to help college health professionals.
- By listening to our members and their needs – ACHF staff work with ACHA members to identify information and project needs.
The Synergy and Ongoing Partnership of ACHA and ACHF
For the past 30 years our Foundation has helped advance the field of college health by helping underwrite members financial needs for research and creative programming initiatives. Through its partnership with ACHA, ACHF brings assets to the table that makes it uniquely qualified to effectively enact the campaign efforts. ACHA assets include:
- Being a recognized leader in the assessment of college health and well-being through the National College Health Assessment, which has surveyed well over 1.8 million students nationally at more than 800 unique institutions.
- A track record of experience fostering innovative and interdisciplinary solutions, as well as reputation and credibility of unifying a broad range of stakeholders.
- Over 1,100 invested universities that are represented through ACHA’s institutional and individual membership program.
- Deep experience in providing education and frameworks through ACHA’s Healthy Campus 2020 program to foster campus health improvements.
- Access to many college students through ACHA’s member institutions and the ACHA policy that allows all students at member institutions to have a free membership to ACHA.
Awarded Gold for Transparency
ACHF was recognised for its transparency with a 2018 Guidestar Non-Profit Profile Gold Seal
We are growing in leaps and bounds and invite you to join us on our journey!
Initial and sustaining gifts by ACHA members, individuals and our corporate and foundation partners will enable us to achieve what we can imagine in the near and distant future. Imagine what meeting our campaign goal of raising $1,000,000 can do to provide funding for members to release and test their creative ideas for prevention, care and treatment and rehabilitation vis-a-vis applied research and programming that helps students succeed during and following their college experience.
ACHA: Celebrating 100 Years of Growth
Teaching our nation’s college students how to be their healthiest selves and using innovative approaches to treat them when they become ill is a national priority. Ultimately, the health and well-being of our nation relies on the success of these efforts. These students are our future!
The Healthy Students: Our Gift to the Future Campaign celebrates our past and envisions new ways for us to grow in the future.